Saturday, April 10, 2010

House update

We looked at a house in Fulham today that would be pretty okay, except that it's not available until late June and we can't store our stuff that long (without cost to us). We are looking at three flats on Monday night. We are also considering upping the ol' budget. That will mean we can't exchange Christmas gifts, of course. Would you all like to give us a nice house for Christmas? We thought so.

I got to go to Harrods all by myself this afternoon to do birthday shopping. I'll wait until tomorrow's post -- with pictures -- to show you what the three year old acquires, but I'll warn you that one of the three gifts is pink. And it's a scooter. (Another story not yet told on this blog is that Tommy has pink toenails because he LOVES mine so we painted his. Luckily, he doesn't seem to care about them. I was worried he would looooove them and would insist that I paint them until he was old enough to be ridiculed.) Listen to this funny story on the moth re pink scooters: http://www.themoth.org/listen Scroll down to James Braly, Pink Bicycle.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow on Tommy's 3rd b-day. I will be donating to his college fund. He looks cute even with a short (really short) haircut and Lizzie is pretty cute, too. I'm sure you'll find the perfect place soon.

    We've had one showing of our place and tomorrow it will be open. Had hoped for more action but I'm trying not to obsess about it.

    Love your postings, Laura. This is a perfect way to chronicle your new life in London. Thanks for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like it! And thank you so much for the college fund donation -- we sooooo appreciate it. Good luck with the condo. I know you'll sell it and move on to your dream house!!!

    ReplyDelete