Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hi everybody

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted. I'm sorry, I just forget about the blog sometimes.

First of all, Happy Birthday to Andy and Brett! If I'd remembered before an hour ago (so so sorry), I would've called both of you so Tommy could sing. Maybe tomorrow?

We're all doing just fine. Tommy spent about ten minutes on our way home from school telling me about how his life would be better with a kitty. Tommy would, apparently, sleep with the kitten and also sit with it on his lap while he watched television. It would be very very tiny and very very cute.

Tommy told Eli that he doesn't like pink anymore because it's a girl color. Thankfully, he is not refusing to ride his scooter.

Yesterday, when I picked Tommy up from school, one of his teachers asked if she could observe him (for the entire school year) for a class she's taking. I asked if it was because he is the most energetic child she has ever encountered, and she sort of paused and said, "well, it's because he's just so interesting at the moment." Hmmmm. But, Eli dropped him off this morning and understands what I mean now when I said he's pretty much off and running the second he gets through the door (and past the teacher -- he has to shake hands and say good morning when he gets to school each day).

Lizzie went to her baby class today and had such a good time. For part of the class, we sing songs with scarves, and she beamed and flapped her arms whenever it went on her head. She loved it. When we started in early September, only one baby could crawl and now that place is a zoo. Lizzie scooted around a little bit, but she's mostly really focused on the teacher and the music. I know I'm her mother, but she's just so adorable.

We've had a couple of nice weekends. We've now had people over for brunch three weekends in a row. (This last weekend was the best food.) And, just so you all know, each weekend we had different people over. We have enough friends to have three different families over for brunch. I am totally relieved.

1 comment:

  1. You can tell Tommy that Margaret has two big kitties and while she does love them (sometimes), she really does not want them to sleep with her EVER. In fact, at night she makes sure we shoo them out and close the door before we leave and would prefer that I ban Segundo from the living room during afternoon resting in case he sneaks up on the couch after she is asleep (which he does). As she said recently "After my kitties go away I can get a Tanner-dog" - Tanner being Chris and Jake's dog. Sigh - I suppose she's Eric's child in that respect.

    ReplyDelete