Saturday, December 10, 2011

The day my dreams came true.

So a few weeks ago, I told Eli that I wanted to go to Royal Albert Hall for a holiday concert this year (you know, like a tradition-y type thing), and Eli picked the concert:  John Rutter's Christmas Celebration.

When he suggested the concert, I said, "oh, yes, perfect. I love John Rutter's music."  And it's true. The entire time I was in choirs (all 14 years), I always loved best the John Rutter piece we happened to be singing.

(At this point, you are all free to stop reading. I know this is interesting only to people who were in choir and I'm pretty sure that's only one of you at most.)

So, the concert was this afternoon.  Miss Alina came over and Eli and I got on the tube.  We arrived, and settled into our AWESOME seats.  I just love it at Royal Albert, but good seats make it so so so much better.

A cute, funny little Englishman came out and explained the concert, and the frumpily dressed choir sang a bit, and we all sang "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" and then I realized that the cute little Englishman was actually John Rutter himself.  It wasn't a concert of John Rutter's music.  It was John Rutter. (For those curious, he is adorable and witty and crisp.)

So I told Eli, who said that yes, it was John Rutter, and he knew because he'd met John Rutter before when he came to Wyoming.  And then my brain jammed up and I couldn't really think anymore because I realized I didn't know my very own husband.

The concert was awesome and for those curious (Lib) yes, the choir sang Candlelight Carol.  Also, we all sang the Hallelujah Chorus but I sucked (of course, when John Rutter was conducting me!?).




(And, this is unrelated really, but if you are looking for some fresh holiday music, may I suggest the Christmas album by She & Him??)

No comments:

Post a Comment