Monday, October 08, 2012

A New Favorite Band

So I can't remember if I posted about all the little four and five year olds singing 'Nowhere Man' at Tommy's spring performance.  But his music teacher actually invited all of us to sing, and sing we did.  (The English are a reserved sort of people, but they like to sing and most of them have learned to do it well.)  So when Tommy was humming 'Hey Jude' on Friday, it wasn't such a surprise to me.  I remembered that the Eridge House music teacher likes the Beatles.  (For all I know, learning the Beatles when you're four and five is part of the national curriculum.  It really could be.)  So I downloaded a few of my favorites (it stings to pay for songs that you own on CDs packed away in storage) and then played them for Tommy.

And you guys.  He loved them.  He loved them so bad that he announced last night that his new favorite band is the Beatles.  (Sorry, Bruce.)

This morning he woke up, put on his new Harry Potter cape and collected the wand we found sitting in someone's trash on our way to the park (it's actually a pointed stick that is very dangerous) and said, 'let's go downstairs and eat breakfast and listen to the Beatles."  I wish you could all here him singing along to 'Hey Jude' so much that I will try to take a little movie and post it...

(Lulu still prefers 'Lady DaDa'.)

No comments:

Post a Comment