Saturday, November 03, 2012

A bit of advice: Don't buy dry clean only clothing for your children

So our sweet friends were married this afternoon, and our family set out at noon to join them on a bus tour (on a vintage London bus) of London with the purpose of ending at the reception across town.

We climbed onto the bus with two happy children, though Lulu was a bit subdued because she had slept on the Tube.  We were on the bus for a long time (more than an hour) and it was a bit stuffy.  We climbed off the bus and I instructed Tommy to run to a lamp post and back, and was walking down the sidewalk to meet him and further instruct (he had a LOT of energy after the long bus ride) when Eli called after me.  I turned around to look and saw that my daughter had vomited and was vomiting all over him and the sidewalk.  (Thank god we were still outside.)

It was sort of an awkward situation as we were surrounded by all the wedding guests and everybody was grossed out and didn't really know how to help and didn't want to get vomit on their nice wedding clothes.

But I removed her (dry clean only, vomit covered) coat and fearlessly picked up my daughter, tried to tuck her in my coat with me, and went to ask the restaurant people to hose down the sidewalk and call a taxi.  Eli helped with all of these things.

Now Lulu is watching Dora (I really think she was carsick, but on a bus, whatever you call that) and I'm catching up with my life as I have had a crazy week at work (which I mostly love but get tired of around eight pm if I'm still in the office).

But tomorrow I'll be taking three dry-clean only coats to the dry cleaners.  UGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment