Saturday, March 16, 2013

Lucky 37

Eli turned 37 on Thursday, so "now he's older than you, Mommy!"  (I'm pretty sure I explained that he's always older than me last year when Tommy made the same comment.)  We 'baked' brownies, if you consider using a box of brownie mix baking.  We did it over at the new house, without any measuring cups or spoons, and almost without a mixing bowl.  I had thought in advance to borrow a pan.  Then, we went to the local Subway, got some sandwiches and took them to him at his office.  The kids went nuts there -- all those highlighters and a big whiteboard and lots of PPE (so hardhats and glasses and bright yellow vests).  To most people, Eli's office, which is built of portable structures and really couldn't have less character, would be one of the most boring places ever.  Ah, to see it through the eyes of a child.  It's also neat to drive there because it's on the jobsite so one shares the road with all kinds of construction machinery.  Tommy made some very-qualified exclamation, like, "this is the first JCB I've seen moving with a load along side the road in Oman!  And look how close we are!"  

Last night my very nice friend Kathy took the kids for a couple of hours and Eli and I went to a fancy hotel and had a drink (we had to be home -- for bedtime -- too early to have dinner).

Anyway, enough about the birthday.  Eli doesn't really care about his birthday.  BUT, do you want to see something pretty neat which involves my sweet husband? Watch this.


No comments:

Post a Comment