Sunday, April 07, 2013

Weekends

So yesterday I got a text message from Eli telling me that as of May 1st, the weekend days will be changed from Thursday and Friday to Friday and Saturday.

And this, my friends, is what makes the Middle East (I would limit it to Oman but I am assured by many that this is common to the region) such a crazy place.  I mean, just pause to consider what number of things this change will affect, starting with the already-published-calendar for next school year.  And then remember that the first of May is three-and-a-half weeks from when the Sultan (or his guy) made the announcement of the change.  It's just like the program where the Sultan announces holidays a day before they are occurring.  My Kent-brain can't fathom how such a system is truly workable, but here we are.

I will keep you posted.

* As an aside, I am happy for this change as having Saturday equal Monday has been pretty mind-boggling for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment