Saturday, June 08, 2013

One (more) thing about living in Muscat

It is now so hot and humid that when you step outside while wearing your sunglasses, they fog up and it is impossible to see.

Perhaps those of you living in places other than, say, Seattle and London, have experienced this phenomenon, but I have not and pretty much hate it.

I stepped outside to take this photo and both my glasses and iPhone screen fogged up.  So here you go:  a nice look at my wrinkles and pores as well as my foggy glasses.  I couldn't see anything at all.

Also:  many of you probably already knew this but I recently learned that 'halal' means 'not sinful' (under Islamic law).  And here I thought its definition was something about the proper way to kill and butcher an animal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment