Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Tooth Fairy finally comes to our house

Tommy hopped off the bus yesterday with a huge smile on his face and a huge gap in his teeth!  We are  all getting used to how his little face looks as we really notice the missing tooth.  (I can't even imagine how he will look without the top front teeth.)  The story goes that the tooth was bothering him, so a classmate suggested he pull it out, so he did.  Then she said, "see, I told you?"  Tommy's teacher is prepared with little plastic boxes to hold the fallen teeth, but somehow Tommy's tooth was still sandy, "I don't know how it got sandy; it was just in my pocket all day."
 At bedtime, Tommy decided to write a note to accompany his tooth, and of course his sister had to write one too.  Luckily, all these post-its fit into the pillow Grandma Nancy made.

Lizzie's says:
"If I have a loose tooth come and get it and don't forget to leave a coin or a toy.  Love, Lizzie."

Tommy's says:
"Dear Tooth Fairy, this is my very first time losing a tooth!  Just so you [k]now.  If you see a pillow red with a yellow po[c]ket my tooth will be in there.  PS What do you do with the teeth?"
 You won't believe this but the Tooth Fairy didn't leave a response.  Too busy with all the other first graders' teeth, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment