Thursday, March 03, 2016

Progress

Today, my sweet Lu feels back to her normal self.  (She is still happiest in front of crappy television -- why did we ever get Netflix?)  She does not hold her left arm with her right hand anymore.  She told me she hated me when I was trying to elevate her arm and my head got in the way of the television.  She chose a dart board as her "I was so brave when I broke my arm" reward.  She complained that it "really hurt" when I brushed her hair.

I know we've had this conversation before, but my biggest problem is now that I am her number one playmate for the next week, and I dislike playing.  I don't mind drawing or painting, and I love reading and playing cards, but as soon as I'm assigned a role ("pet shop owner", "mother cat", "Olaf"), I feel restless and bored no matter what charming things come out of my children's mouths.

This is why I'm going to take Lizzie to school for a few hours each morning next week, no matter what happens.  I'll stay with her (she can't go to the bathroom alone yet, plus she absolutely cannot fall on her arm), but we shall be heading to TAISM so that my child can play with other children who do not feel despair when someone (who is not a cat) meows at them.

(But honestly, I am SO RELIEVED that she feels so much better.)
Another trip to the hospital, another illegal parking job

In traffic on our way home.  She still loves to sleep in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment