Monday, March 25, 2019

On rats

A lot of times, I'm not in the mood to blog because I don't feel like I have anything interesting or original to say but oooooh boy have I got something for you today.

Today I went to buy shoes for my spin class (those biking shoes that have cleats on them; my instructor assures me that the workout is totally different and amazing once you have the shoes and I love her and would do anything to make her like me).  

At the bike shop, the guy helping me -- Dan -- was putting the cleats onto the shoes and while I waited I asked him if he's American or Canadian.  He said American, and as we talked about where we are from, another guy at the counter said, "Seattle has an amazing underground tour!" and I said, "yes, but there are so many rats down there."  So then Dan told me about a huge rat he saw in Philly and I told Dan about a large rat that Eli and I saw on the electrical wires when we were outside our flat at 8:30pm on Saturday night.  Dan stopped putting on the cleat, pulled out his phone and started scrolling through his photos.  I was excited but also anxious (this is one of my favorite feelings).

Dan turned his phone toward me, and showed me a rat the size of a small dog.  In the photo, his colleague is holding the dead rat by the tail (the colleague was wearing a glove of course).  My shock was apparent and Dan explained that the rat had been eating supplements for six weeks before they trapped him (obviously they didn't sell any supplements that the rat had access to; this was a good bike shop).  !!!!  Protein powder works on rats, my friends!  That's the moral of this story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment