Friday, June 15, 2012

This is a very random post

As a starter:  do any of you find Fox News so upsetting that you can't even watch the clips on Jon Stewart? How oh how do people actually watch it?

So I've been working some long hours the past couple of days, and they've been pretty bad days (work-wise), but here is a list of the lovely parts of the week:

* When I've left work late twice in a row, there has been a Wimbledon train awaiting me when I reach the platform (and I haven't missed it which does happen sometimes because I'm scared of getting caught in the door).

* I regularly hear people say things like this one (from this afternoon):  "Shall I just pop round?"  It still kills me.  The way these English people speak is just so charming.

* My kids are still jetlagged and have been sleeping late so I've have to wake them up in the morning which is just so so so sweet.  Then, because I've had enough time to get ready before they wake up, we sit down with our breakfasts and eat together and have conversations which are 85% sweet and 15% grumpy because I woke them up.  But, by and large, they're morning people and once I help them realize that it's morning, they are happy to wake up and start the day.

* We all missed each other this week because our vacation ended.  (The good part is the missing, not the vacation ending.)

* We had another week without people telling us we have to leave London.

Sorry for the post without a picture.  I'll be back later this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment