Sunday, July 01, 2012

The Birthday Party

Tommy's birthday party was at an indoor play area called Gambado.  It's the kind of place that kids love and that gives adults headaches.  Bad ones.  But, it's really really easy to have a birthday party there.  Gambado even does the goodie bags ('party bags').  So when Tommy's classmate's Mom and I talked about where to have the party, Gambado was an obvious choice due to the fact that we could do minimal planning.

It was a huge success.  The only glitch is that I forgot a tray for Tommy's cupcakes and ended up using the tray that our coffees were served on, which sort of grossed me out.  (But, I used a new recipe that was really very awesome.  I guess another glitch is that the frosting didn't turn out that well because we can't get semi-sweet chocolate here and I can't figure out how to approximate it.)

Here are a few photos (they weren't very good mostly due to the lighting in Gambado):

Eli is such a good sport:

 Standing on a chair, cramming a cupcake into her mouth:

3 comments:

  1. I am thoroughly confused. Isn't Tommy's birthday in April???

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! But his party was in June. Because all of his friends left London during April :)

    The great part is that he didn't care AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know. I'm seriously considering changing Margaret's celebration to her half-birthday in July. This would allow for outdoor fun and also dodges the bullet of the school-year birthday party. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete