Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hampstead Heath

Nobody's talking about it, but we've kicked off our "farewell, London" tour.  (Nope, still don't know our next destination.)  Yesterday Tommy had his last swimming lesson, so we didn't go far from the house (just to the green with a picnic as the weather was finally decent!) but today we went to Hampstead Heath.  It's really, really pretty there and there is also a bakery on the way.  We only got one sweet bite (but, it was a chocolate chip cookie the size of four, as the lady explained to me), and Eli and I got delicious salads and a turkey sandwich for the kids that had turkey that looked like left-over-Thanksgiving-turkey-sandwich turkey instead of the kind you buy in the store.  It was a trek -- Tommy walked probably three miles a lot of which was uphill -- so now he's playing on the iPad.  Eli downloaded a new game that's about an alligator taking a shower and it is a huge hit.  Though, he did tell me recently that "cut the rope is my favorite thing in the whole world."  (Also, talking about Thanksgiving, sort of, when I said something about Thanksgiving yesterday he asked me what Thanksgiving is, and it killed me.  What am I doing to my children?)

Anyway, here are a few photos:




 I include this photo because the kids are so themselves in it -- Lulu showing her underwear and Tommy pretending to shoot (yes, this is still a hard thing for me):
And this one is a bit overly sentimental but so am I today and this is my blog:

I think it's appropriate for me to end by saying that if you are ever in London on a sunny day, you should go to Hampstead Heath.

No comments:

Post a Comment