Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Olympics are RAD

YOU GUYS.  We planned our day around being two blocks from our house on Fulham Road at 3:30.  And it was so worth it!  I kept telling Tommy that it was a once in a lifetime moment for him:  the Olympics were right outside his front door.  

Here we are waiting:
 There must have been 25 police officers riding through on motorcycles before the cyclists.
 First glimpse:
 Soon-to-be Gold and Silver Medalists:
 The pack right behind them (and the jerk videoing the whole thing on his iPad and obstructing the view of others).  Of some solace to me is that I totally wrecked his videos with my loud and relentless cheering (screaming).  I'm an American and we know how to cheer, thank God.  These English people are ridiculous.  They'll bring flags but otherwise were their normal subdued selves.  I told Tommy loudly that he's always to cheer for people during sporting events no matter how stupid the people are around him ('no stupid, Mommy!').




 Here's the next pack of cyclists:
 Each country had a BMW station wagon with the extra bikes, etc, which came after all but one rider.
 This guy came with the station wagons.  He had just crashed (we heard; of course we hadn't seen it) and I will grudgingly give the English some points here because we did all cheer for him.  I wasn't sure if I felt happy or sad about that when I saw him finish (after they passed we went home and turned on the television) and he just collapsed crying against his coach.  I think the emotion of the Olympics is my favorite part.  There's something so raw about it.
Back tomorrow with the women.

No comments:

Post a Comment