Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Resolve.

Friends.  It has been a long absence and I owe you all kinds of updates, but I'm still in Seattle and we're getting down to the wire and I have packages to mail and prescriptions to fill (ugh) and uniform shirts to purchase and so today is not the day for pretty, picture-filled posts describing our lovely holidays.

Instead, let's talk about how we're doing it better next year, shall we?

If you have been reading this blog since its inception (I think most of you have; if anything I have lost readers but I soldier on), you know that I make resolutions with the intention of making some effort but with the expectation that the chance of following through is 50/50.  I feel fine about this.

So.  First.  Last year's resolutions:

Here are my resolutions:
- 10 blog posts per month, each with at least one photo
- Finally, finally make the kids' yearly photo books (yes, that would be 9 by the end of the year)
- Stop swearing and I really mean it this year; it's tacky (but so satisfying?)
- Figure out our family "screen time" goals and stick to them (Eli has pointed out that I check my phone far too much in front of our kids and he's right)


How did I do??

I am re-resolving ALL OF THESE.  I almost accomplished the first one -- but not this month.  The temptation to slap up five blog posts today is large, but we would call that complying with the letter of the law but not the spirit of the law.  So I shall not do it.  I did not publish a photo with every post but I am happy with the current photo situation on my blog (thank you sweet husband).

I made four photo books and I am VERY pleased with my progress on this project and hope to be caught up by June.  I declare this one a success.

I have not stopped swearing entirely but am doing a tiny bit better.  Still, I want to stop all together.  I often catch myself right before I'm about to say sh*t and think to myself, oh f*** it and say it anyway.  This is ridiculous and I know it.  And swearing is really tacky and not at all nice and I want to be classy, you know? I really do.

Screen time goals are not what they should be.  We are comfortable with TV; less great about the iPads.

AND THE NEW ONE:
You read it here first.  I am going to vastly improve my happiness and quality of life, as well as save some money, and it's not going to be nearly as awful as I am anticipating thanks to some tips from SEW.  I am going to create and follow two-week menu plans.  The first one will be printed out and taped to the inside of my cupboard door no later than January 15, 2014.

Happy New Year to all of you!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment