Saturday, March 15, 2014

Another post about my hilarious children

Lizzie came out of preschool one day last week in a very grumpy mood.  She was grumpy, she said, because her friend Michael didn't believe her that monarch butterflies are poisonous.

"Oh," I said.  "Are monarch butterflies poisonous?"

"YES!  I learned it on Diego!"

I let it go at that point, but made a mental note to investigate the poisonous properties of monarch butterflies.

The next morning, I remembered to do my research, and asked Tommy if he had ever heard that monarch butterflies are poisonous.

"Yep!" he said, emphatically.  And then, as though it were an after thought, he said, "but only to crows."

Clears it all up, doesn't it?

***

On Thursday night as he got out of the bath, Tommy said, "Do you think I look like a jerk with my new big tooth coming in?"

After some follow up questions, I am convinced that this is an opinion he holds himself -- and not that anyone else suggested he looks "like a jerk."

But it's still making me laugh.

***

Today as we worked on math, Tommy explained that "most of the eights I do are snake eights.  Snowman eights are cheating."

***

And finally, one that isn't even from my own children.  As I walked through the girls' locker room at swimming lessons this morning, I heard a small voice emphatically saying that "California IS part of America!"  Only in an international school...
Some goats in the road on our way to Sifha beach yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment