Sunday, May 04, 2014

Book week

You guys, it was book week last week, and on Thursday my children dressed up as book characters, but you will have to take my word for it that they were adorable.  Tommy was Harry Potter and, despite requesting that I address him as "H.P." for the day, was frustrated when he got off the bus that, "people kept guessing my identity!"  Hmmm.  He wore his Harry Potter glasses, a cape and took a wooden dowel that had been part of a wand-making kit of Lizzie's.  He did not mind that there was a bit of lavender paint on it.

The Harry Potter costume seemed obvious to me - but I felt like a genius when I came up with Lizzie's.  Book character day coincided with Lizzie's day to be the 'leader' in her class, which meant she got to bring in her favorite book.  She chose Fancy Nancy and at that moment, I realized we had everything we needed to dress her as Fancy Nancy.  She looked amazing - she's on her class blog here if you want to see:
http://ec1taism.blogspot.com/

Our weekend was mellow except that I attempted to sell a lot of stuff in a garage sale (they are different here because things are so unavailable/expensive that people really want to buy your old things) but failed.  I have not lost hope, particularly as it's my only potential income stream...

No comments:

Post a Comment