Tuesday, August 25, 2015

AAAANNNNDDDD....I'm back.

The problem with having a blog is that getting behind makes it harder to come back to it.  You've all noticed that my blogging tends to be in bursts rather than maintaining a steady, one-to-two-times per week pace.  So I think, "Gosh, I need to post the first day of KG and third grade photos" and then I think, "but I'm so far behind and I haven't posted anything about the summer since June!  I have two months of blogging to catch up on!"  Which is a little bit paralyzing.  For today, I'm making a list of all the posts I want to write, and writing this post to tell you that we're all alive and okay.

On Sunday morning, the kids started school.  I am tearfully proud to say that I have a kindergartner and a third grader, and they both seem to absolutely love school.  (Perhaps Lizzie's highlight has been riding the school bus...)

I haven't taken the back to school photos off the camera yet, but here are a couple from my phone:



And, to go along with the photos, the best stories from the day:

Lizzie bursts in the door: "MY TOOTH IS LOOSE!"  She explained that she had been bonked in the mouth with a broom, however.

Later as we ate lunch (she is only going for half days until September 2), and she said:  "It was almost a catastrophe.  I went in the bathroom and locked the door and went potty and then I was stuck.  I called my teacher and she told me to crawl under the door so I did."

And a few hours later, Tommy arrived home and announced:  "I like Mrs. Yates.  We have tons in common:  we both like to hike and we would both rather live in the mountains."

I also heard that during a getting-to-know-you exercise, Mrs. Yates wanted to know parents' favorite drinks (?) and Tommy's friend Termeh (who sits at his table again this year) called out "WINE" and Tommy yelled "MANHATTANS."

No comments:

Post a Comment