Sunday, January 24, 2016

Discover Oman - Seeb Fish Souk

This morning I chaperoned Tommy's class on a field trip to the Seeb fish market.  I had Tommy plus two girls in my little group and while one of the girls was pretty tough about the whole thing, one had a hard time with fish blood (and there was no shortage of fish blood in this market) and I kept reminding her that if she was actually going to vomit, she had to let me know so we could get to a gutter because it wouldn't be polite to vomit on the fish.  Or even near it.  Luckily, we made it out vomit-free.  I thought it was a very interesting field trip, even while I felt awkward that sixty loud students traipsed through a market where people were trying to buy and sell fish while it was still fresh.  I would have bought fish had I spoken Arabic and had I brought a cooler with me.







No comments:

Post a Comment