Sunday, May 01, 2016

TAISM ball, Beach and a Podcast recommendation

YOU GUYS. Where have I been for the past two years? Stuck in a podcast rut, I suppose. (That's not fair, I absolutely love the podcasts I listen to. But I do run out of material sometimes which is okay because then I just listen to the Killers, but still, I love podcasts.) Anyway, I read about Alec Baldwin's podcast called "Here's the Thing" and I JUST LOVE IT. He talks to such interesting people and he is a talented interviewer. I recommend trying an episode or two. My favorite so far is his interview with Ira Glass, but as I type this I'm listening to him talk to Paul Simon. Yesterday I listened to Amy Schumer and Kristin Wiig.

On Friday night, we went to the TAISM ball and I had so much fun that I made Eli stay up much too late (as he had to go to work in the morning). About the picture of Eli and me below: I have noticed lately that in photos my left eye is often not quite as open as my right eye. (I KNOW. WTH?) Anyway, I look creepy because I was making an effort to have equally open eyes.
Creepy eyes.
Twins.


The guy who took this photo must've been a little bit drunk - this is the end of the evening.



The next day, I took the kids to the beach.  Lizzie wanted to go to the Hyatt and she kept screaming, "I'M NOT GOING!" when I told the kids to put their swimsuits on for the beach.  After a nice pout on the beach mat, she decided that she would play with her friend Sophie who happened to be at the beach as well, and later confessed that she had so much fun.  My kids are ridiculous.


Sophie's big brother and Tommy practicing their kayaking.  This was SO MUCH fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment