Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hello

Happy Wednesday, everybody. This week has been clipping along, which is nice because we are all getting very excited for Eli's brothers and their SOs to arrive next week! It's a quick trip but I know it will be fun, if for no other reason than we are going to a Fulham match and I have not been before. I think our tickets are obstructed view but any friend that has ever experienced a sporting event like this with me knows that will not matter to me in the slightest. (I will never forget going to a Giants game with my friend who was trying to keep score and after a couple of innings gave up because she couldn't possibly deal with my chatter AND keep score and she couldn't really kick me out of the game. Some people go to games to watch them? Don't ask me, no idea.)

Anyway. This morning I happened to meet Tommy's new BFF, Sophia. And her mom and her little sister and little brother. A sweet family, that one. Sophia's mom told me that Sophia had a very hard time at school until she became friends with Tommy, and that now she has an easier time. Also, yesterday I tried to prepare Miss Jo for the fit I expected from Tommy when he realized that he'd been assigned to the YELLOW house instead of the RED one (yes, this school has four houses, just like Harry Potter, and the kids earn points for their houses and do fun activities, no idea). And Miss Jo quickly checked the list, discovered that Sophia was also in the yellow house, and suggested that I stop worrying about it.

Also, Sophia is one of the most beautiful little girls I've ever seen.

We're going to arrange a playdate.

Lulu has learned to sing and while she refuses to do it on demand, if you ignore her, you often end up hearing a very lovely (if slightly garbled) version of "Twinkle, Twinkle." Now, how to catch it on video?

And another random one: I want the new iPhone. Especially now that mine has a big scratch down the front of it.

Pictures this weekend if I can find some worth posting. I promise the kids are still very, very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment