Saturday, April 24, 2010

Weekend

Here's Tommy at the picnic:


Yesterday we took the tube out to Hampstead Heath, got a picnic at a lovely bakery called Gail's (no lie, I ate the best brownie ever), and went to the Heath. It's a gorgeous, sprawling, woodsy park and while we sat on the blanket (well, bedspread), Tommy found sticks and dirt and even a log. He had a wonderful time. And Eli and I felt a little bit sad that we didn't find a preschool for Tommy there, because it's such a nice area.

Last night, in an attempt to distract us from putting him in the bath, Tommy came up with a doozy: "Mom, I have a question. What's in dirt?" Of course, I don't really know what's in dirt AND I suspect that he actually DOES know, because of the episode of "Sid the Science Kid" that's all about soil. He's watched it about four times and I think I hear him reciting it when he's out in the garden playing. Yikes.

Today we got a late start because it was raining when we woke up. We went out to the garden for a while, and then I went shopping all by myself (because most of my clothes are in a container somewhere in Baltimore and I won't see them until late June). When I got home, we went out to dinner at Busaba Eathai which was good (but not great, I think we remembered it better than it actually is, which happens sometimes). A very nice weekend, but way too short.

4 comments:

  1. I happy to hear you ate a brownie. This is good for the soul. I'll send all my Nutrition Action Health Letters with your mom when she comes in June. I also got a funny b-day card from you but again, you'll have to be patient waiting for it.

    I'm curious. Can you go on the tube with the kids by yourself? I have nightmares thinking about you going down the stairs.

    I'm so glad you're writing this blog!

    Love,
    Aunt Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I meant, I'm happy not I happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, I can't go on the tube by myself with the kids. One stop is okay b/c there's an elevator from the top to the bottom, but otherwise, I just can't. Tommy still needs help on escalators, and I need two hands to have Lizzie in the stroller on escalators.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now for a question I've been meaning to ask for a while. Exactly where are you staying? Do you have a kitchen? Is it near any of the places we visited when I was there in 2007?

    Hating Mondays is understandable, I think. Will you look for a nanny after you've moved and gotten settled?

    Hang in there, Sweetie.

    ReplyDelete