Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A few more things...

So when I picked Tommy up from school, his teacher told me that the kids had biscuits. On the way home, I asked Tommy if he'd had a cookie at school, and he said, "they're called chocolate biscuits." Now we can just sit back and wait for the cute accent.

Miss Karina told me that today Tommy worked on pouring and that she was very impressed. I knew we hadn't been doing all that practicing for nothing.

When we got home from preschool, we went to the garden and kicked a football around. I realized that I have no idea how one is supposed to kick a football, so I plan to get Tommy enrolled in a class of some sort SOON.

Finally, I have to tell you all that I have solved my parenting problem. I realized, yesterday afternoon in one of those "ta-da" moments, that Tommy isn't sleeping enough now that he doesn't take a nap. (I know, I'm an idiot, but I'm also sleep deprived since the Lulabell still wakes up at least twice a night.) So I put him to bed at 6:45 last night, and today he was like a different guy. (In case this was a fluke, I am going to finish reading the discipline book.)

(Yes, I do have another child and she is adorable.)

2 comments:

  1. When in doubt, kick with the inside of your foot adjusting the angle to direct the ball. Assuming you're using the international defition for "football" that is (=soccer).

    Biscuits...mmmm...delicious. Esp. hobnobs and gingernuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or, as all American youth do when starting out, wildly approach the ball and then kick it with your toe.

    After a bit of that, teach him inside of the foot and/or shoelaces, depending on the type of kick and game situation.

    ReplyDelete