Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lizzie update

Lizzie had some immunizations yesterday, so she was weighed and measured. She is 15 lbs, 5 oz, and 26.5". She is staying at the tenth percentile (or "centile" as they say here) for weight and the 50th for height. Her pediatrician thinks she's doing fine. She did not care for the shots, but she didn't cry for long. (Though her brother was much, much tougher about shots than she is. When Lizzie hurts, she wants the whole world to hurt with her.)

We had a playdate on Thursday with Julie, Angus and Heidi. Angus and Tommy were delighted to see each other. They disappeared to Tommy's room and I just listened to the monitor to make sure that the sharing was going well (Tommy had decided before Angus arrived that Angus would not be able to play with Tommy's toys; luckily Tommy changed his mind). It was nice to have a grown up to talk to during the day.

Then yesterday, Alina came in the morning (yay!) and Lizzie and I went to get shots and go shopping. Tommy and Alina went to the pirate ship playground in Kensington Gardens. They took his scooter and we came home at the same time, but arrived from different directions, so I saw him scooting down the sidewalk and it was so adorable. His head just looks ginormous in his helmet ("like an orange on a spring") and it's almost hard to understand how he balances on it. Anyway, super cute. Then, after naptime, we went down to Gatwick to see Daddy's office and watch some planes land. The trip was a success (the kids were really good) and the highlight was a pink cupcake. (My child eats so much more junk food than I ever imagined possible, but can I tell all of you that he devours steamed broccoli now? He asks for more! "Mom, can I have more pizza and more broccoli please?" I do serve it with ketchup, but I figure a tablespoon of ketchup for 1/2 cup of broccoli is worth the price.)

We go to Seattle on Tuesday, so the focus of the weekend is trip preparation...Why does it feel like all I do is pack?

Here are some cute things that Tommy says:

"I have two thumbs!" (Then he holds them both up for you to see.)
"Did you know that sometimes lizards' tails come off their bodies? (I'm assuming he saw a lizard without a tail on his school field trip.)
"Ladybugs eat aphids." (Grandma Nancy taught him that.)
"Ketchup is made out of tomatoes and sugar."

My favorite:
Me: "We have to leave [the playground] soon because I'm really cold."
Tommy: "Let's just sit down and have a snack and talk about our lives for a while."

My second favorite:
Tommy: "Mom, I like your dress."
Me: "Thanks, honey."
Tommy: "I like your painted toenails, too."
Me: "Thanks!"
Tommy: "You're kinda like a ballerina."

No comments:

Post a Comment