Thursday, August 05, 2010

Vacation...

I'm such a bad blogger. But I'm here now, and that's what matters.

We've been busy! On July 20, we flew to Seattle for vacation.

But it is not vacation when your jetlagged children wake up at one am. It just isn't. And if my children didn't exist, I could've taken an ambien to guarantee my own sleep. But after a few rough nights (and days, who am I kidding) we all settled into to my parents' house and started sleeping fairly normally.

We began our vacation with my family. The highlight was seeing Auntie Em and Sid who came from Melbourne. We all went to Jane and John's cabin at Lake Roessiger and had a very good time. One of the best parts was playing Apples to Apples, and if you don't know that game, you should get it and play it because it's fun. We also had fun celebrating Auntie Em's birthday and eating her cake.

Then, we packed the car up and drove to Newman Lake, which is near Spokane. We spent three days there with Eli's family, which was very fun. Tommy loved swimming in Newman Lake (it was much warmer than Lake Roessiger) and he also loved playing with his cousins and Adeline and Claire. He is a tiny bit scary in water because he is relatively fearless and we never know what he's going to do next. I know what I'm going to do next, though: sign him up for some swimming lessons.

Eli had to leave when we returned from Newman Lake, which has been very sad for all of us but especially for Tommy, who cried the whole way home from the airport. "I really need my daddy, mama! I need to go to London now, mama!"

We've been in Seattle this week, mostly working on wearing out my dad. He has been brave, but I think he's pretty exhausted. This was proven today when he managed to take a nap on the living room couch while Tommy, Lizzie and I all played about 10 feet from his head. You have to be pretty tired to nap through Lizzie's shrieking.

He'll get a good chance to rest next week though. On Monday, we are going on a quick trip to Laramie and Lander to spend a little more time with Eli's family. I am excited about the trip but dreading the actual travel -- it will be a lot of car and plane time for these little kids. The secret for Tommy is episodes of Sesame Street on the computer (who knew you could buy Sesame Street on iTunes? Eli, that's who), but for Lizzie it's a tiny bit harder...

I promise to post picture next time or to update our Picasa site. It's embarrassing how behind we are on these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment