Monday, November 18, 2013

That's how you do it

This morning had a nice, frenzied pace as usual.  I got up a few minutes before my alarm and did some yoga, and then went down to the kitchen and realized that I was farther behind on packing the lunches than I thought.  Anyway, the point of this story is that I took a shower but failed to blow dry my hair.

So we went to school and sprinted from Lulu's class to Tommy's and on my relaxing walk back down the hallway, I bumped into my friend Frannie.  She asked what I was up to, and I said, "well, first I've got to go home and dry my hair.  Then to the grocery store."  And she giggled and said, "going back home to get ready, huh?"  And as I continued walking I raised both hands in the air and loudly proclaimed:

"WANT A SMOOTHLY RUNNING, STRESS-FREE HOUSEHOLD?  LOOK NO FURTHER THAN YOUR FRIEND LAURA KENT!!"

I got in the car and I was laughing to myself but also sort of irritated that I couldn't go directly to the grocery store (and of course I know that I could go directly to the grocery store, but if I don't dry my hair than it's just horrible looking especially here) and so I sent Eli a text message complaining about my situation, and then started the car and reflected that I'd have rather played Queen, Knight and Princess last night than got the lunches ready anyway.

(I will say that the Queen and the Princess were predominately in the castle keep while the Knight fought off the evil knights from Asia who somehow made their way to England and wanted to take our treasure and weapons.  So it wasn't a totally engaging game from the Queen's perspective anyway.  But the Knight ("Tommy the Great") was so successful that we had a feast to honor him and he even hired a juggler to be the entertainer.)

Tommy the Great, praying.  (He read in a book that knights prayed all night sometimes, so there are few games of knights that don't involve praying.)  Behind him is the Keep, and beside him is the Princess who insisted on inviting Cinderella to our feast.

Our race to her class was slowed considerably by her insistence that she carry all her stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment