Thursday, October 02, 2014

Tea Parties

Somebody had to renew her passport - see the photo? It's cute.

So my daughter is desperate to have a tea party.  It was all my idea -- I was trying to get her and her eco-plastic tea set away from my sink during dinner prep time and I threw out the idea.  "Listen, if you can tidy this up now and go read a book, we'll have a proper tea party with your friends one day!"  She looked at me with big eyes, processing the idea, and then enthusiastically agreed.

The next day (yesterday), she came home and demanded to know when the tea party will be taking place.  "We haven't even invited anyone yet, honey" I explained.  "YES I HAVE, Mommy!  I invited Lara and Aberly and Felix and Noah and Gabby!"  So there's that.

The tea party is mostly what you would expect - a tea set with some water in the tea pot and some fake food from her play kitchen.  However, in Lizzie's version, the food is served on a yoga block.  I have given up putting them away because every time a friend comes over, she "needs" them.

***
One more cute Lulu story:  we were driving yesterday and both kids have stuffy noses and Tommy was telling me that he either has "a virus or a bacteria" and Lulu interrupted and said, "what is a virus, Mommy?  Tell me all about it, okay?"


No comments:

Post a Comment